Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tucker

Sorry I haven't been updating any. My laptop has a virus and I haven't gotten it fixed yet. So I finally just grabbed my school laptop and brought it home.

I don't suppose I really have much of an update in all honesty.

Nothing more has changed. I'm 10 dpo today. Of course my hopes up that maybe, just maybe we won't even have to bother with IUI. But yeah...we'll see.

One really good thing that has happened since I last wrote is that my cousin moved out. I love my cousin. I really, really do. But when she moved here back in March from Colorado I honestly thought she would be staying with us for 3 months max. It got to the point where I was really depressed about her being here. Brian and I had absolutely no privacy. We don't have a big house. 1200 sf, 3 bedrooms, only one bath. It is just fine for the 2 of us...

We'd try to have some time alone and we had to go lock ourselves in our own bedroom just to watch a movie ALONE together or to have a private discussion...and even then we had to whisper because her room was right next to ours (of course everything is right next to everything else in a 1200 sf house:). And it really did not help in the TTC process. Its bad enough when you feel pressured to time sex...its even worse when someone else is in your house and then you really lose all sponteneity!

I feel terrible for how badly I hated having her live with us. But I really hated it. But just in the week since she has moved out  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I'm finally enjoying the fact that my best friend actually lives in the same city that I do after a lifetime of being in two different states. I'm actually enjoying her company now that its a choice and not because she's living in my house...know what I mean?

The only other news is pet related. We have a new dog...for the time being. I rescued a tiny, skinny, pathetic, and rather ugly little puppy this past Monday from the parking lot at the school where I teach. I kept him in my classroom bathroom all day. Let me tell you the kids loved that once they realized why I was sending them down the hall to use the restroom that day. Of course I wouldn't let the kids touch him but I did let them all look at him. I'm pretty sure I might have gotten in some trouble for having a dog in my bathroom but I really didn't care. He was so tiny and sickly I coudn't leave him.

So he's home with us now and we've named him Tucker. And just in one week of actually being fed he looks so cute! He's sooo sweet and well behaved. He's already crate trained and doesn't bark or whine. He's put on some weight and we took him to the vet for shots and an exam where he was treated for worms but otherwise very healthy! He's about 17 weeks old and is a terrier mix of some sort. He's 13 lbs now and probably won't be more than 30 pounds full grown.

Even Brian who was threatening to send me out to the garage to sleep with this new dog loves him too. (Brian's not as tough as he likes to make others think:)

But that being said I don't want to keep him. So if you know of anyone who might be interested let me know!

.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your cousin was able to move out. As Benjamin Franklin once said, "Fish and visitors stink in three days!" hehe

    (((hugz)))
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete